Entry 22 - Brooke Shaden Caption
On an untitled series of photos posted on Instagram on November 18, 2019, Brooke had an interesting story to compliment the work:
"I remember being in Thailand and waking up early one morning to the thick fog. I gathered all I had with me - my camera, a laundry basket I found in the closet of my temporary home, and my bed sheet. I wandered into the field next door and set my camera on the laundry basket to take this self-portrait, a local stray dog attached to me the whole time as I begged him to scoot just a few feet out of the frame. 🌙
I remember thinking about how fleeting that fog was, but how beautiful it was while it lasted. I felt grateful to simply capture it - not manipulate it, not project a story into it - just to feel it and let it dissipate. 🌙
I remember sitting on the edge of a pond after - cold, but letting my feet dip into the water, dog by my side, still wearing my bed sheet - and thinking about how my life has felt like that fog; sometimes heavy, sometimes beautiful, always fleeting. 🌙
Watching it go, I felt a part of myself go with it. I'm always moving with the fog, constantly finding richness in the blanket of unknown."
Comments
Post a Comment