Entry 21 - Forensic Photography Article concerning Importance of Photography in the field of Criminology
When I first started this class, I assumed it would focus more on the abstract representation of symbolism within the current contemporary world of art. Rather than just illuminating that specific part of the topic, there was much more waiting for me on the other side. I found it interesting though that the class did not mention the obvious usage of the form within the judicial system of Forensic Photography. Below is an excerpt from the article titled, "Importance of Still Photography at Scene of Crime: A Forensic vs. Judicial Perspective"
"Similarly, for fingerprints also, photography is the best way of preserving evidence. Visible fingerprints can be photographed alone instead of lifting prints. Latent prints are photographed first followed by developing techniques such as: powder dusting method, or SPR suspension method [4] etc. and patent prints are photographed alone for preserving prints. Thus, it is possible to reduce the chances of forgery going undetected and genuine points of resemblances may very accurately be compared and support witness testimony in the court of law."
- Richa Rohatgi
Comments
Post a Comment